X-Wing Light Controller Version 2 for 1/29, 1/24 Studio Scale and 1/18 X-Wing, Y-Wing
Please note: the processing time for this item is 2 weeks.
This controller allows to light up X-Wing engines, the droid eye, and the cockpit control lights. The controller board comes pre-assembled, and ready to use.
The extremely small size allows for the installation of the controller inside the hull of any size X-Wing down to 1/48 scale. The dimensions of the controller are only 1.3cm X 3.3cm (0.5in X 1.3in).
Set any RGB color and the pulsing speed for the engines with a simple turn of potentiometers as well as adjust the colors for the cockpit light effects.
The use of Picoblade connectors, solderless connections, and a thin 26AWG 3-conductor wire allows the routing of the cables through tight spaces without the need for re-soldering the LEDs.
The supplied voltage can range from 3V up to 6V.
The controller can be used for adding light effects to any other model as well.
New for version 2:
- Extremely small footprint.
- Solderless connections between the controller and the LEDs
- A small footprint of the 4-microLED emitter and the engine LED lights
- Improved engine light effect
The size of the new version 2 controller is twice smaller compared to the previous version:
Features of the controller:
- Change the color and the pulsing speed of the engines to any RGB color
- Adjust the color gamma of the LEDs of the 4-microLED emitter for the cockpit effects
- Small Picoblade connectors and 26AWG wire to fit through narrow spaces
- Range of acceptable voltages 3-6V
- Clear heat sinks included for dramatic running engine light effect
The new version 2 controller comes with 4 engine LEDs and a 4-microLED emitter for fiber optic effects in the cockpit. The size of the engine LED emitters is 13mm in diameter and the 4-microLED emitter is 10.5mm X 9mm:
The PicoBlade connectors are located on the back side of the controller and the LED emitters:
The controller set comes with the following:
- The controller
- 4 Engine LED emitters
- 4-LED MicroLED emitter for cockpit light effects
- Connecting cables
- Power cable
- Clear engine heatsinks based on the scale selected
The 4-MicroLED emitter comes with a miniature coupler to allow an easy installation of fiber optic strands:
Supplied with the controller are clear engine inserts (heatsinks). They allow for more light to go through the heatsink creating the dramatic light effect of working engines. The heat sinks are available on the 1/29, 1/24, and 1/18 scale:
Effect of the working LED inside the engines:
This video shows the operation of the controller. Currently shown is the operation of the previous version of the controller which is similar to the current one:
We Also Recommend
Main Hangar Bay and Tantive IV for 1/2700 Revell/Zvezda Imperial Star Destroyer
Running Engine Lights for 1/43 DeAgostini Millennium Falcon and Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon