Light and Sound Bluetooth Controller for 1/72 Bandai PG Millennium Falcon
This controller is designed to replace the stock battery box of Bandai PG 1/72 Scale Millennium Falcon and enhance the model with additional features. It allows you to light up and remotely control the engine, landing lights, headlights, cockpit and do some additional light effects. The engine light effects are accompanied by the sound effects of a working engine. Once the desired light settings have been set, the controller can be operated remotely with Bluetooth enabled devices such as a cell phone or a tablet.
This set comes with the following:
- The controller
- Low-frequency audio speaker
- 34 LED Engine light strip with two holders
- 2 Auxiliary multi-color 8mm LEDs
- Power cable
- Power supply
The controller is built on a custom-designed board.
The board carries Adafruit Feather M0 - Bluetooth enabled Arduino compatible board built on Cortex processor, Sound FX board and an amplifier.
The back label shows the location of the connectors and the settings for the positions of the DIP switch as well as some warnings.
The controller is built to replace the stock battery box of the standard set. No modifications to the stock parts are required.
The engine light strip consists of 34 super bright mini Neopixel LEDs - the highest density of the LEDs available. The strip comes with two holders for two different engine light setups.
The strip can be positioned directly at the engine nozzles:
Or at the standard location of the engine lights replacing the stock LEDs. The strip will then have to be cut leaving 22 LEDs:
The color and the light effect of the engines can be adjusted by rotating the first two potentiometers located at the front of the board. The other four potentiometers set the color and the speed of blinking (from fast blinking to continuous light) of the two auxiliary multi-color LEDs.
The 4 position DIP switch on the board allows for some extra options to be set:
- Bluetooth or Demo mode. In demo mode, the controller will go through a different "flight" stages by itself with equal time intervals and cannot be controlled by Bluetooth. By default, it is set to Bluetooth mode.
- The volume of the sound coming from the speaker can be set to a full or half volume. By default set to full volume.
- The auxiliary and landing lights can be set to be ON or OFF right after the controller has started operating. By default set to ON.
- Reserved for future use.
Also optionally available is a set of 20 landing lights with light emitters.
It is available as a kit or a fully assembled set.
The kit version comes with the following components:
- 20 Bright white 9000K LEDs
- 20 Light emitters (sixteen 2.5mm diam. and four 4mm diam. at the tip)
- Red and black heat-shrink tube
- Two conductor wire
- Power connector
The LEDs snug fit into the emitters so for easy setup.
The device can be controlled remotely by a free software Adafruit Bluefruit LE Connect available on Apple App Store and Google Play. The installation is simple and straight forward.
Important! Only use the 5v power supply for the controller. Powering the controller with a higher output voltage power supply will permanently damage the LEDs and the controller components.
We Also Recommend
Landing Lights Set for Light and Sound Bluetooth Controller for 1/72 Bandai PG Millennium Falcon